Songwriters need to have their songs published. Someone has to be responsible for ensuring the songwriters and composers receive payment when their compositions are used commercially, and it’s the publisher that collects the royalties. We also can help you obtain a mechanical license if you’re looking to record your own version of someone else’s song. It’s not that complicated.

A songwriter, the copyright holder, has the right to be the first to release their song, but once it has been commercially released anyone can record it with Compulsory Mechanical Licensing. You’ll still need to secure a mechanical license from the appropriate music publisher. Many independent artists neglect this step, but we recommend it. For more information take a look at Music Publishing.

Share : facebooktwittergoogle plus

Leave us a comment

Comments are closed.